Fall Semester 2018
Merit-Based Scholarships of $2,500-$5,000
Deadline June 1, 2018
• Must be a new international undergraduate student applying for Fall Semester 2018
• Must be on an F-1 visa
• Freshmen or transfer students are both eligible
• Intensive English students with undergraduate admission are eligible
• Graduate students are NOT eligible
• Current or former WSU students are NOT eligible
• Guest students and exchange students are NOT eligible
• Students receiving sponsorship or scholarship from other government or organization
are NOT eligible
• Students who wish to enroll for any other semester than Fall 2018 are NOT eligible
• Students must have admission or readmission to an undergraduate program by June 1, 2018.
• The scholarship application and essay deadline is June 1, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Complete the Scholarship Application
Step 2: Upload the essay and any award or certificates that support the essay
Step 3: Are you a transfer student from another U.S. School? Apply for an
International Transfer Scholarship too!
SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY REQUIREMENTS
• The scholarship essay must discuss Why you applied to Wichita State University AND
at least one of the areas below:
– Awards received or achievements made
– Leadership positions you have held
– Community service experience
• The essay must be one page only
• The essay must be typed in a Word file (.doc or .docx)
• You must include your name AND the word “scholarship” in the file name in all files
that you upload. For examples: Michael Jackson Scholarship Essay.doc
• Students who do not follow the topic and format requirements of the essay
will be disqualified.
Plagiarism refers to using the work of others as one’s own without assigning
proper credit to the source. If an application is found submitting a plagiarized
scholarship essay, the applicant’s admission to Wichita State University will be canceled.
• Academic performance in high school and at all post-secondary institutions attended
• Information disclosed on the student’s application for admission
• Scholarship essay
• The financial situation or financial need of the student (or the student’s family/sponsor)
will NOT be taken into consideration.
• Non-renewable scholarships ranging from US$2,500 to US$5,000.
• Scholarships are not guaranteed.
• Scholarship recipients will be notified via email on June 16, 2018 or earlier.