There are 25 scholarships available to international postgraduate students who can demonstrate academic excellence.
Type of award
Taught full-time Masters
50% tuition fee reduction
Who is eligible
To be eligible for this scholarship you need to be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
You must have received an offer of a place at the University of Sussex.
As there are limited scholarships available, this scholarship is extremely competitive (for 2017 entry we received more than 800 applications for only 25 awards).
To be considered, you must demonstrate that you:
• have excellent grades;
• have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course.
Who isn’t eligible
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you already have another Sussex scholarship (such as the Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship or Sussex Graduate Scholarship).
You are also not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study the following courses:
• Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar);
• Development Studies MA;
• Early Years in Education MA;
• Globalization, Business and Development MA;
• Governance, Development and Public Policy MA;
• Power, Participation and Social Change MA;
• Poverty and Development MA;
• Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary);
• PGCE courses;
• Schools direct teaching courses;
• Any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible);
• Any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
Number of scholarships available
1 May 2018 0:00 (GMT)
How to apply
Complete our online scholarship application form after you have applied for your course.
You must provide a personal statement to support your application. The personal statement needs to provide information about the following:
• your drive and ambitions;
• your potential for positive impact when you return to your home country;
• any relevant work experience, skills or extra-curricular activity that relate to your ambitions and/or chosen course.
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate excellent grades in your most recent qualification (i.e. a first class degree if you are studying in the UK). You do not need to have completed your qualification, however, as we can make conditional scholarship offers.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 1 May 2018 (23:59 GMT)
Applications that meet the required criteria will be referred to an academic panel for a decision, after the deadline. The Scholarships Office will contact all applicants when a final decision has been made. All applicants should receive a final decision by 1 August.
The scholarship is awarded as a fee reduction when you register in September. The scholarship information will also be add to your CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) for your visa application.
More information about University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships (2018)