The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of One Hundred thousand Naira each, to Nigerian female undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form on or before May 30, 2018:
• Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office;
• Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers;
• 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department;
• Photocopy of your current university student identification card;
• A current photograph of yourself;
• An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship- (not more than one-half typed page).
A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on:
“In light of the incessant clashes between Fulani herdsmen and various communities in Nigeria, how do you suggest that the federal government addresses the causes of these conflicts?”
So far, NWAG has shipped over $1.25M (One Million, Two Hundred and Fifty thousand US Dollars) worth of medical supplies to various states in Nigeria. In addition, NWAG supports twelve orphanages (Little Saints, Lagos State, Seventh Day Advert, Rivers State, Susana Homes, Abia State, Ananwim Home, FCT, Zuma Memorial, Edo State, St. Anthony’s Destitute Center, Akwa-Ibom State, Tenderlove Orphanage, Anambra State, Godswill Orphanage, Kogi, The Care People Foundation, Oyo State, Izzi Motherless Babies Home, Ebonyi State, Destiny Child Center, Cross River & GBI Orphanage & Children Center, Delta State) with their nutritional program all across Nigeria and in Atlanta, Georgia; NWAG supports the following non-profit organizations: the Atlanta Community Food Bank, Hosea Feed the Hungry, International Women’s House, MedShare International, Sickle Cell Foundation, Southside Medical Center and Susan G. Komen.
Application process is free!
Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application.
More information about Nigerian Women Association of Georgia Scholarship (NWAG)