What is Communication?
Communication is simply the act of transferring information from one place, person or group to another.
Every communication involves (at least) one sender, a message and a recipient. This may sound simple, but communication is actually a very complex subject.
The transmission of the message from sender to recipient can be affected by a huge range of things. These include our emotions, the cultural situation, the medium used to communicate, and even our location.
The complexity is why good communication skills are considered so desirable by employers around the world: accurate, effective and unambiguous communication is actually extremely hard.
Check out these short online classes that can help you build your communication skills.
1. Effective Business Presentations with Powerpoint by PWC.
2. Improving Comm Skills by Wharton Uni.
3. Introduction to Public Speaking by UW.
4. Business Fundamentals: Effective Communication by Future Learn. tiny.cc/zeb9iz
5. Communication Skills and Teamwork by Fullbridge.
6. Public Speaking II by MS Uni.
7. Design and Make Infographics by MS Uni.
8. Introduction to storytelling by Khan Academy.
9. Overcoming Public Speaking Anxiety
10. Writing for Strategic Communication