Copyright – Respect for the property of others
- Students should take out time to work on a special artwork of their choice.
- Students Artwork should be something inspirational and relatable.
- When students conclude their task, use the questions on the next slide.
What is a copyright?
Copyright is a form of legal protection automatically provided to the authors of “original works of authorship”
- Artistic works
Protected or Shared?
- Some content is protected.
- Some content is licensed for sharing.
- This is called re-use rights.
- One way for an owner to let others know that the content is available for re-use is to use a Creative Commons license.
Copyright Word Bank (Copyright most commonly used words)
- Creative Commons license
Activities For Students
- Group students in teams or partners, ask them to create PowerPoint presentation.
- Title their slides with assigned word.
- Ask them to add a dictionary definition from the website provided to them by you.
- Add a kid definition that you wrote in your team.
- Add at least one image you found to represent your image that was licensed for re-use through Creative Commons.
- Let them be ready to share their work!